Thursday, February 19, 2009

Many Experienced This Path "OBEY or ELSE"



What To Do When Your Upline Says,
"OBEY Or Else!"


Hey esther, I found a great question from Tracy today who's concerned about getting scolded by her upline for "choosing a different path". Here's her email, and my response below.

I get off onto a tangent and the end, but there are 7 inside secrets about my personal business building method that you'll want to definitely read, so take the time to do so... Here's Tracy's email...
----------------------------------------------------

"Mike, I read your Magnetic Sponsoring book and it is amazing.

My question is once I get this off and running how do I deal with an upline that is so entrenched in the old way of thinking? They literally monitor every move we make… Watching our stats and reviewing our volume online, calling and emailing on a daily basis to see who we have prospected recently etc.

I know that they will have questions when they see my immediate success (my goal is to blow them all out of the water!) I know I am going to "ruffle some feathers" because once they learn about MS it will make many of their beliefs and training obsolete. Especially a lot of the information that is passed on by those who teach and promote the "old way" of prospecting throughout all our online and offline training.

I have been a maverick and a risk-taker since birth, so I have no problem doing whatever it takes to be successful. But I just want to know if you experienced any negative backlash from your upline or the industry in general when you decided to "jump ship" and start applying MS, and how you handled it?

Sincerely, Tracy"
------------------------------------------------------

Hey Tracy, great question.

I think it comes down to this…

Everyone wants to know what the “best way” to build their business is.
There’s a natural tendency to move towards methods that are most efficient…

Methods that bring the highest reward for the least amount of effort, and most distributors are on a constant journey to find this holy grail.

Now as much as I’d like to declare to you today, that Magnetic Sponsoring is that best method in the world for building a home business, I cannot…

Why?

Because we’re leaving out one part of the equation… You.

We all come to the table with different strengths, weaknesses, and abilities, and THESE factors determine what methods will work best for you as an individual.


If you’re upline has been in the game for a while, and has had success using old school methods, then as far as they’re concerned, those methods are what work best.

Over time they’ve mastered these techniques, which they can continue to use to great effect.

Now if you’re new to the industry, you’re going to need to figure out which methods work best for YOU.

If the old-school ways don’t appeal to you, that’s fine. They didn’t appeal to me either. It doesn’t mean that my way works better than someone else’s. Both methods will require years of study and practice to master.

When it comes to “confronting” your upline, or ruffling feathers, don’t worry about it.

If you value the relationship and their friendship, just be open and honest about it.

Let them know that you’d prefer to approach your business using methods that are more congruent with your interests and strengths.

If they have a problem with it, then it’s THEIR problem, and if that’s the case, you might want to consider joining a team that uses and supports the methods you wish to pursue.

I’ve been in this industry for over 10 years now, and have pursued this business in every way imaginable… Home/hotel meetings, cold calling business cards, dropping sizzle cards, buy leads, genealogy lists, fliers, classifieds, postcards…

You name it.

I’m a very logical, left-brained person, which means I constantly analyzed what was really going on as I experimented, and learned from all of my upline members.

Over the years, I was able to come to a conclusion about my business, and the way I wanted to build it…

Many people have called it visionary. A few have scoffed and mumbled nasty things under their breath.

My method was as follows:

1: The best target market for prospects consists of distributors and leaders who are already in the industry. Instead of cold calling them, a minimum of 20-30 were going to contact me daily. This was accomplished not by pitching an opportunity, but by solving their problems and addressing their needs.

2: I was not going to chase or convince people to join my business. I was going to attract them to me by demonstrating value and leadership through effective marketing.

3: I was not going to sit on the phone all day pitching my opportunity to individuals. Instead I would use effective copywriting to sell to large numbers of people via email, and the web at once.

4: In the course of building a downline, I would expand my business vertically, and own the tools and systems used by the rest of the company.

5: I wasn’t going to focus on simply building a networking opportunity, which may or may not be here in 5 years. My focus was on building “You Inc”, which is my list, and the reputation I have with my list.

My list would become a virtual distribution channel.

This would bring stability, and allow me to build another downline with the click of a mouse, should something ever happen to the primary opportunity.

6: 95% of prospects will say “no” to your products or business. I would find a way to make these people customers in other ways by providing solutions to their biggest problems, which would triple my income.

7: The long-term goal was not to build just a downline. It was to build a business that served the industry at large.

Now I’m not saying that my method which became known as “Magnetic Sponsoring, is “the best”, but I can tell you this…

Following this plan has allowed me to accomplish all of my goals, and then some…

I haven’t called a lead in two years, but I’ve built the 2nd largest downline in my company.

By adding value to the industry, I attract 500-700 networkers per day instead of 20-30.

I’ve been able to produce a multiple six-figure income from my primary opportunity, and a multiple 7-figure income by serving the 95% who said “no” to it…

By serving the industry as a whole through sites like MagneticSponsoring.com and the Magnetic Sponsoring System which do nothing more than serve and teach others without want, I’ve been able to build the most visited websites in the entire industry.

By passing on my knowledge and methods in courses like Magnetic Sponsoring and Building On A Budget. I’ve been able to help 100’s… If not 1,000’s of people around the world, quit their jobs and become financially independent.

Yet in the end, the techniques in Magnetic Sponsoring are simply my method. It might appeal to you, or it might not.

All you can do is study it and decide for yourself. If you'd like to do that, just click here.

I'll send you a copy of my course which contains my methods in details. Review it for an entire year. If you don't like it, send it back for a full refund.

MagneticSponsoring/msletter


If you'd rather pursue another method, that's great too. Everything works once you master it.

Best,





Mike Dillard













*********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment